Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Pox of Poodles

A Shiggaion of Kris, which she sang to the Lord
> concerning Rita and Loralei, the Poodles.
>
>
> Oh, Lord, who hath a sense of humor,
> Give ear to my words; consider my sighing.
> Come quickly to help me, for on all sides I am
> surrounded by poodles.
> Their snufflings rise up to my neck. They tickle.
> By day and by night, their barking pursues me;
> they are ever with me - when I sit, and when I rise.
> They flood my bed with muddy paws, and my couch with
> fleas.
> They hear cars drive past from afar.
> Their eyes never cease roaming to and fro across the
> kitchen floor, seeking what they may devour.
> The cat trembles.
> The neighbors moan.
> Is there no rest for the weary?
> Why do the house pets conspire and the poodles plot
> in
> vain?
> Surely, O Lord, you have heard my cry.
> Away from me, all you who have long snouts and sharp
> teeth.
> He who digs a hole and scoops it out will fall into
> the pit he has made.
> I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O
> Lord, make me dwell in safety.
>
> (a semi-plagiarism of David)
>

1 comment:

MamaMonk said...

I love this play on words. clever, as always:).